Straight up, guv! Would I lie to you?
There are 9 posts tagged: "standards"
- A Windows on the future
- 5 October 2021
- Tomorrow sees the rollout of Windows 11, as a free upgrade, to the great unwashed. That's those of us who're too apathetic, or wrapped up in having a real life, to have installed the previews. (more…)
- Edged out
- 21 May 2021
- M$ is finally retiring its venerable browser, Internet Explorer. It's the end of an era. (sad) (more…)
- An open letter to Google
- 20 April 2013
- Dear Google, (more…)
- 30 October 2012
- I don't normally care much for the political machinations at the top of companies, most of it's too arcane and divorced from my life. But my heart leapt with joy to read of the imminent departure of Scott Forstall from the executive leadership at Apple. Admittedly, Forstall did
some good thingswhile at Apple, overseeing iOS. But he was apparently a bastard to work with, was at the helm during the disastrous introduction of Apple's own mapping software and Siri, and above all was largely responsible for the introduction of the skeuomorphic user interface in a number of iOS, and later OS X, applications. (more…)
- Saudi Arabia is not feeling
- 15 August 2012
- Saudi Arabia has objected to several new gTLD, including
.gay, on the basis that they may offend, or promote practices that are counter to their religion. The poofs, on the other hand, counter that
.gayis needed for support. (more…)
- ALAC now open source
- 28 October 2011
- Apple has released its lossless audio codec to the open source community. Some will decry this move because it's Apple and they hate Apple. But most of us will heave a mighty sigh of
- 17 July 2010
- India has introduced a new symbol for its currency, the rupee. (more…)
- Browser wars: why does it matter?
- 5 May 2010
- The BBC reports on Internet Explorer's declining market share, although it's still the dominant web browser at around 60%. But why does it matter? Other than the time-honoured arguments of security and standards, why should anyone care whether people use IE or any other browser? (more…)
- Oi, what have you been up to fatty?
- 28 September 2004
- Well, since you ask so nicely, I shall tell you, gentle reader. I've been building a website. Or, rather, rebuilding it. Actually, re-rebuilding it, if I'm to be perfectly honest. And not just one, but that's another story. (more…)