Straight up, guv! Would I lie to you?
There are 7 posts tagged: "history"
- Hitler: that two-faced jerk!
- 9 December 2021
- In The Fegelein Wedding - Nazi Fairytale or Nazi Nightmare? Mark Felton recounts Gretl Braun's romances and marriage. Gretl, the younger sister of Adolf Hitler's squeeze, Eva, fell in love with Fritz Darges, who was Hitler's SS adjutant at the time. (more…)
- The running woman
- 30 September 2021
- Not all Nazi war criminals give up easily. Instead of attending her trial for complicity in 11,000 murders, 96-year-old Irmgard Furchner did a runner from her nursing home. (more…)
- Of Nazis and other nutters
- 15 September 2021
- Heinrich Himmler sent an expedition to Tibet in 1938, to search for the origins of the Aryan race. This is the same mythical race that was a figment of Hitler's imagination. (more…)
- Time is running out
- 3 August 2021
- And it's a race to the finish line! (more…)
- Changing fashions
- 30 November 2015
- The Man In The High Castle adapts Philip K. Dick's alternative history novel to the small screen. It imagines a USA following the victory of the Axis powers during the 1939–1945 war; a USA split between German and Japanese rule. (more…)
- Catch me if you can
- 18 June 2013
- Suspected war criminal Laszlo Csatary, a Nazi policeman in 1944, has been charged by Hungarian prosecutors with torture and murder of Jewish prisoners. His trial is expected to start in three months. (more…)
- Mr or Miss? Only his/her parents know the terrible truth!
- 9 September 2009
- Gretel Bergmann, who is Jewish, was replaced in the 1936 German Olympics team by one Dora Ratjen. The International Olympic Committee had insisted on Jewish participation as a condition of Berlin hosting the 1936 Olympic Games, but the organisers feared that Adolf Hitler would be embarrassed by a Jew winning gold. Two years later,
Dorawas revealed to be a man, Horst Ratjen. (more…)